Monday, January 4, 2010

Holidays finished - my blog is back :)

According to the astronomer Carl Sagan (1934-96), "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". Explain what he meant by this. Do you agree?

By this, he meant that if we are claiming something to be true, but is either hard to believe or other people reason in a totally dfferent way, then we have to find something really good to prove the accuracy of our claim. I agree in some way, but it depends of the person. For example, I won't dare to doubt something a really important scientific says, but if a unknown (by everyone, not just me) person says claims something I would ask for proves.

Explain, with reasons which of the following statements you think is less likely to be true. -The Loch Ness Monster- Some mystics are able to levitate-

I think that the second one, because there may be not a "monster" in the Loch Ness, but an unknown animal could be there and people calls it monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment