Friday, November 20, 2009

Eat a nameless substance

Circumstances: Donner Kebab. First time i tryed it, I was in a foregein country (Germany). I did it because a friend recommended it to me. I dind't know what was it made of. I founded it good and I was comparing it to tacos.

The second time I tried it, I still didn't know what was it made of. I tried it here en England. I compared the flavour with the one I tried in Germany weeks ago and I didn't like it that much, but I was eating it anyway until the cooker started telling me what was it made of, when I knew the ingredients, I stopped eating it and I think im never going to eat it again.

So, I agree with the statement in he paper, "our appetite is as much linguistic as gastric. The tongue that tastes is not just in our mouths. It is in our dictionaries"

No comments:

Post a Comment